26 February 2009

The Palestinian Holocaust

There's a website called Voices for a free Palestine. This organization is based out of Seattle, Washington. It is a community organization that holds strong ties to Palestine. Most of the members in the group are US citizens, most of them were even born in the US and have never even visited Palestine, however, almost all of them have family ties in Palestine, or just sympathize with the Palestinian cause.

The organization works on fundraising, public debates, demonstrations, and various kinds of educational activities to bring awareness to the general public regarding the occupation of Palestine.

The hope is that one day the website will be shut down, when there will be no real need to advocate for these issues.

What I like about this website is that it has information regarding the history of the occupation and discusses current events as well. The website talks about US Policy and also discusses issues and policies in Israel.

Unfortunately, the website does not seem to have been updated more recently. I liked how this website was set-up and I'd like to see something similar put up, which is more current.

The reason I bring this website up is because I think it's a great resource for looking up past information and history, which has led to the current situation. It has an AMAZING photo gallery, this one being one of my favorites: What's the difference between the Jewish Holocaust and the Palestinian Holocaust?

No comments:

Post a Comment